The structural parameters of the oil seal are the root factors that affect the sealing performance of the oil seal. The rationality of the structural parameters will enhance the leakage prevention ability of the oil seal. A simple classification description of the structural parameters of the oil seal and its influence on the oil seal seal is made:
1. Front lip corner and back lip corner:
- The front lip angle refers to the angle between the front lip surface of the oil seal and the shaft, and the rear lip angle refers to the angle between the rear lip surface of the oil seal and the shaft. The front and rear lip angles are related to the net pumping rate of the oil seal. The current lip angle is greater than When the back lip angle, the net pumping rate is greater than zero; when the current lip angle is equal to the back lip angle, the net pumping rate is equal to zero; when the current lip angle is less than the back lip angle, the net pumping rate is less than zero; the oil seal leaks.
- Theoretically, the greater the difference between the front and rear lip angles, the stronger the pumping effect of oil testing, but when the static pressure of the fluid is exceeded, the oil film will be destroyed, causing the shaft and the oil seal lip to become a dry friction state, thereby accelerating the oil seal lip Aging of the mouth;
2. Waist thickness and waist length:
- The radial contact pressure provided by the deflection of the waist is an important part of the radial force of the oil seal lip. Therefore, the size of the oil seal waist also has a certain influence on the sealing performance of the oil seal. Under normal circumstances, the working conditions are different and the waist structure is different. If the waist thickness is too large, the stability of the oil seal will be reduced, which will affect the degree of fit between the main lip and the shaft, and leakage is likely to occur; and when the waist thickness is too small, although the main The lip has a stable contact state with the shaft, but the radial contact force of the lip to the shaft is insufficient.
The above are the key structural parameters of the oil seal, the quality of the parameters will lead to whether the oil seal can be used normally.