How To Define Seals---O-ring?
O-ring is a ring-shaped mechanical gasket. It is a ring-shaped elastomer with a circular cross section. It is generally fixed in a groove and compressed by two or more components during assembly. , Thus producing a sealed interface. Because it is cheap, simple to manufacture, reliable in function, can withstand dozens of Pascals (thousand pounds) of pressure, and has simple installation requirements, O-rings are the most common mechanical design for sealing.
O-ring Applicable Scope:
O-shaped sealing ring is suitable to be installed on various mechanical equipment, in the specified temperature, pressure, and different liquid and gas media, and play a sealing role in static or moving state. Various types of seals are widely used in machine tools, ships, automobiles, aerospace equipment, metallurgical machinery, chemical machinery, engineering machinery, construction machinery, mining machinery, petroleum machinery, plastic machinery, agricultural machinery, and various instruments and meters element. O-rings are mainly used for static sealing and reciprocating sealing. When used for rotary motion sealing, it is limited to low-speed rotary sealing devices. O-rings are generally installed in a groove with a rectangular cross-section on the outer circle or the inner circle for sealing. The O-ring seal still has a good sealing and shock absorption effect in environments such as oil, acid, alkali, abrasion, and chemical erosion. Therefore, O-ring is the most widely used seal in hydraulic and pneumatic transmission systems.
Advantages Of O-rings:
Compared with other types of seals, O-rings have the following advantages:
1. Suitable for various sealing forms: static sealing, dynamic sealing;
2. Suitable for all kinds of materials, the size and groove have been standardized, and the interchangeability is strong;
3. Suitable for a variety of motion methods: rotary motion, axial reciprocating motion or combined motion (such as rotary reciprocating combined motion);
4. Suitable for a variety of different sealing media: oil, water, gas, chemical media or other mixed media;
5. Simple design, compact structure, convenient assembly and disassembly;
6. Variety of materials; Low cost; Small dynamic friction resistance.
How to Manual installation of O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring)？
1. Use tools without sharp edges;
2. Ensure that the O-ring (O-shaped rubber seal ring) is not twisted, and the O-ring (O-shaped rubber seal ring) shall not be stretched excessively;
3. Try to use auxiliary tools to install O-rings (O-shaped rubber seals) and ensure correct positioning;
4. For the O-ring (O-shaped rubber sealing ring) bonded with a sealing strip, it must not be stretched at the joint.