- Generally, it is difficult for people to distinguish mechanical seals and hydraulic seals, and they are usually considered to be the same type of objects.
- 1. Distinction between hydraulic seals and mechanical seals:
Hydraulic seals have pressure requirements and require a certain degree of smoothness on the joint surface. The sealing elements are mostly rubber, and the sealing effect is achieved through the local deformation of the seal.
Mechanical seals are one of the basic mechanical parts with precision and complex structure. They are key parts of various reaction synthesis kettles, pumps, submersible motors, turbo compressors and other equipment. Its sealing performance and service life depend on various factors, such as the correct installation and use, the accuracy of the machine, and the selection.
- 2. Classification of hydraulic seals and mechanical seals:
Hydraulic seals: V-shaped seals, U-shaped seals, Y-shaped seals, YX-shaped seals, lip seals, and hydraulic cylinders. Mechanical seal model: cartridge seal series, light mechanical seal series, heavy mechanical seal series, etc.
- How to choose seals:
- When purchasing seals for maintenance, most users will buy them according to the size and color of the sample, which will only increase the difficulty of procurement and may not necessarily be able to select the right product. The following procedures are recommended to improve the accuracy of procurement of seals:
1. Movement direction: First determine the movement direction of the location of the seal, such as reciprocating, rotating, spiral or fixed.
2. Sealing key points: For example, determine whether the active point is the tie rod seal with the inner diameter or the piston seal with the outer diameter.
3. Temperature grade: consult the original machinery operating instructions or evaluate the working temperature according to the actual working environment to determine the materials needed. For the description of the temperature level, please refer to the following notes for production users.
4. Pressure level: refer to the relevant data from the original mechanical instructions, or infer the working pressure level by observing the hardness and structure of the original seal. For the pressure level description, please refer to the following notes for production users.
5. Size: Most users will buy according to used old samples, but after a period of use, the original size of the seal will be greatly affected by factors such as temperature, pressure, and wear. The sample selection can only be used as a reference , A better method is to measure the size of the metal groove where the seal is located, the accuracy will be higher.