What is a construction machinery seal kit?
- The seal kit generally refers to the sum of all the seals and related wearing parts on a specific part of the mechanical equipment. In most mechanical equipment, rubber, plastic or other non-metallic seals have a limited service life and high replacement frequency compared with other mechanical parts. Since the labor cost and downtime cost of replacing the seals are often much higher than the value of the seals themselves, once a specific part or multiple specific parts of the mechanical equipment are repaired, the seals related to the location are generally used Or all the wearing parts are replaced at one time.
How to use the seal kit properly?
- Reasonable use of seal kits should pay attention to the following points:
(1) High-speed seal kits should be used for high-speed shafts, and low-speed seal kits should be used for low-speed shafts. Low-speed seal kits cannot be used on high-speed shafts, and vice versa;
(2) When the ambient temperature is high, polypropylene ester or silicon, fluorine, and silicone fluorine rubber should be selected, and the oil temperature in the fuel tank should be reduced. When the operating temperature is too low, cold resistance should be selected. rubber;
(3) Under the conditions of excessive pressure, a pressure-resistant support ring or a reinforced pressure-resistant seal kit should be used;
(4) Install the skeleton seal kit correctly. If the eccentricity of the seal kit and the shaft is too large, the sealing performance will be deteriorated, especially when the shaft speed is high. If the eccentricity is too large, an seal kit with a "W" cross section can be used;
(5) The surface smoothness of the shaft directly affects the service life of the seal kit, that is, if the smoothness of the shaft is high, the service life of the seal kit will be long;
(6) Note that there should be a certain amount of lubricating oil on the lips of the seal kit;
(7) Pay special attention to prevent dust from getting into the seal kit.