- The material and difference of the sealing ring (seal) are invisible from the surface. Most of the sealing rings (seals) are resistant to high temperature (resistant to medium), but the temperature ranges from 1℃ to 300℃. Different materials have different resistance to media, which can only be tailored according to customer needs.
- What are the properties and main uses of several common oil-resistant (petroleum, gas oil, etc.) seal materials?
1. Nitrile rubber (NBR):
- Main features (resistance to media): oil resistance, heat resistance, and good wear resistance.
- Main purpose (scope of use): Sealing of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
2. Fabric rubber (FAB):
- Main features (resistance to media): high strength, good abrasion resistance, oil resistance is slightly lower than that of butyl rubber (NBR).
- Main use (scope of use): Sealing of engineering machinery, metallurgical equipment, and high-pressure systems.
3. Polyoxymethylene (POM):
- Main features (resistance to media): oil resistance, heat resistance, good abrasion resistance, high strength and impact resistance.
- Main purpose (application range): used for guide ring and retaining ring.
4. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTEE):
- Main features (resistance to medium): good heat and cold resistance (resistance to low temperature), resistance to oil, hydrolysis, steam, and chemicals.
- Main use (scope of use): Widely used in metallurgy, petrochemical, engineering machinery, light industry machinery.
5. Nylon (PA):
- Main features (Resistance to medium performance): Oil resistance, temperature resistance (good resistance to high and low performance), good wear resistance
- Main purpose (application range): used for guide ring, support ring, pressure ring, retaining ring.